Mold is extremely common and with the right conditions, warmth and moisture, it will start growing and spreading within 24-48 hours. The mycotoxins emitted by toxic mold and mildew can cause a wide variety of health symptoms, many of which are treatable, but some of which can be life threatening.
If you’ve had ongoing chronic health issues, a musty odor in your home or office, a recent flooding, or are in the process of buying a new home, you should strongly consider mold testing. You can certainly buy a kit and do the testing yourself, or for a few hundred dollars and peace of mind, you can have a professional company do a visual inspection and lab tests.
A proper mold test should tell you how many spores are in the air and the species of the spores. This accuracy also serves the purpose of identifying HIDDEN MOLD that a visual inspection cannot find, as well as helping your physician treat any of the health symptoms your or your family might be exhibiting.
Although the Badger likes to save money, a professional toxic mold test is much more accurate and in-depth than any DIY kits available today. Read our Mold Testing page for more information on professional testing, and visit the other pages in this section to learn how to detect mold, find a professional inspector, and choose a reputable testing and remediation company.
If you suspect a mold infestation or have symptoms related to mold illness it’s best to have a test done. Learn about the steps you need to take to detect mold.
TESTING FOR MOLD
Learn the ins and outs of mold testing, what you can expect from a home mold test and when it is best to hire a professional to test your home.
WHAT TO ASK A PRO
Make sure you get the services you paid for by asking your chosen mold removal professional a few simple questions.