QUESTIONS FOR YOUR MOLD PROFESSIONAL
If you’ve discovered visible mold in your home, or tested and have found the source of hidden mold, it’s time to find a reputable mold remediation company to remove and remediate the mold. It’s important to talk to at least three different companies, ask for quotes, and ask the questions below. If the remediation company can’t answer yes to each of these questions, strike them from your consideration.
- Can you provide me with a written remediation plan?
- Will we have a signed contract and change order?
- Will you provide a post-remediation report?
- Do you carry insurance?
- Can you provide a list of at least 3-5 referrals and their contact information?
- Do you quarantine the infected area to provide cross contamination?
- Have your employees been properly trained and carry certifications from RIA, IAQA or LLCRC?
- Do you use Dispersed Oil Particulate testing equipment? (DOP is a process that tests the integrity of HEPA filters)